Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 14:08:13 UTC

Commits held

We have a consistent(10-20 per second), large document(~100MB), ingest that
has been running for a few weeks. However, every few days the tablet
servers seem to be falling over with this error:

ERROR: Internal error processing closeUpdate
org.apache.accumulo.server.tabletserver.HoldTimeoutException: Commits are
held

It may be the large documents ingesting are causing too many splits to
occur and freezing the ingest? Maybe increasing the split threshold for the
tablet would fix it. Any ideas?

Re: Commits held

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
You could be experiencing a low-memory state in your VM, and it may be
spending so much time GC'ing that it isn't doing much work on your behalf
just before it gives up and crashes.  The error from the jvm will go to
stderr.

-Eric

Re: Commits held

Posted by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com>.