Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Gaurav Bajaj <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/05 17:20:00 UTC

Put Vs Datastreamer

Hi,

I was using below initially to populate 200,000 records in data grid. Then
I switched to IgniteDataStreamer (snippet 2) but didn't see performance
improvement, in both cases it was around 12 secs. Am I missing something
here?

Snippet 1:

    for (Employee emp: emps) {
           emp.setPayment(150000);
           empCache.put(randomId, emp);
    }

Snippet 2:

try (IgniteDataStreamer<String, Employee> txnStmr =
ignite.dataStreamer("Employee_Cache")) {
    for (Employee emp: emps) {
        emp.setPayment(150000);
        txnStmr.addData(randomId, emp);

    }
}

Thanks,

Gaurav

Re: Put Vs Datastreamer

Posted by Gaurav Bajaj <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

Yes, you are right, it's on local single node.
Sorry I should have been more thorough in describing my environment.
I will test it on multi-node environment and check the performance.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Re: Put Vs Datastreamer