Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Lucas Stanley <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 02:34:41 UTC

HBase memstore flushing question

In the current version of HBase (094.8) do all the column families on a
region server still get flushed together?

I know a couple of years ago, it was recommended that if you have 10 column
families and if you populate just one of them so it's memstore gets full
with 64 MB of data, this will cause all 10 column families to be flushed,
even if the other 9 memstores only had 5 MB of data each.

Because of this, it was recommended to keep the # of column families low.

Does HBase currently still do all the memstore flushes together... or can
it now individually flush individual memstores?

Re: HBase memstore flushing question

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3149

Cheers