Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ian Hunter <ih...@hunterweb.net> on 2005/01/05 17:45:51 UTC

Ugh. IIS + Tomcat + multiple virtual hosts

I have a number of applications running under Tomcat root contexts, on
various different servers/ports.  Under Apache, I can use the

JkMount /* workername

directive under a virtual directory to allow me to do virtual hosting, under
Apache, which allows me to specify that a particular hostname be handled by
a particular worker, on a particular host and port.  Quite clean, I like it.

However, I find myself with the need to use IIS to front end the sites now,
and the redirector DLL doesn't seem to account for this type of
configuration.

What this comes down to is having multiple instances of the redirector that
refer to different workers2.properties files.  Way back when, someone
mentioned an enhancement that was planned whereby the redirector DLL would
check for a file called <dllname>.properties somewhere, and if present, use
it, otherwise, check the registry for the location of the config file.

I blindly tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

Did this enhancement ever happen?  Is there some secret incantation I have
to do to make it work?

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?  I've already suggested
that we go with Apache instead and proxy any sites that require IIS, but I'm
guessing that won't be an option.

---
beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur