Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paul Skinner <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/01 09:26:21 UTC

RE: Unable to import content using mixins

Hi stefan,

I meant that the cnd file to generate the custom_nodes.xml contained, for example, the following snippet, but the mixin (MyPrefix:MyMixin) was not used by the node type definition (MyPrefix:MyNodeType) at this stage.

  [MyPrefix:MyMixin] > nt:base
    mixin
    - 'MyPrefix:Name' (String)
      mandatory copy

  [MyPrefix:MyNodeType] > nt:base, mix:lockable, mix:referenceable, mix:versionable
    - 'MyPrefix:Description' (String)
      version
    + * (MyPrefix:MyChild)
      = MyPrefix:MyChild
      copy

Instead it was used at runtime using, as you say, Node.addMixin(String) followed by session.save(), sorry for not making that clear initially.

I initially mentioned this in case it had any bearing on the problem of the mixin not being recognized by the importer.

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:23:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: Unable to import content using mixins
> From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Paul
> Skinner<sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The version of JackRabbit is the released version of 1.6.0
> > I have not tried the workspace importXML.
> > It is the same system used and there are no changes to the node types between export and import.
> >
> > It is probably worth mentioning that the mixins were all added to the nodes at runtime, and are therefore not actually specified within the node type definitions.
>
> what do you mean by "not actually specified within the node type definitions"?
>
> all node types need to be registered beforehand once.
>
> if you add a mixin by calling Node.addMixin(String), you have to call
> save() in order to persist the change.
>
> if you can provide a simple test case (.cnd file with your custom node
> types and a java test case) i'll have a look.
>
> cheers
> stefan

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/

Re: Unable to import content using mixins

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi paul

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Paul Skinner<sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi stefan,
>
> I meant that the cnd file to generate the custom_nodes.xml contained, for example, the following snippet, but the mixin (MyPrefix:MyMixin) was not used by the node type definition (MyPrefix:MyNodeType) at this stage.
>
>  [MyPrefix:MyMixin] > nt:base
>    mixin
>    - 'MyPrefix:Name' (String)
>      mandatory copy
>
>  [MyPrefix:MyNodeType] > nt:base, mix:lockable, mix:referenceable, mix:versionable
>    - 'MyPrefix:Description' (String)
>      version
>    + * (MyPrefix:MyChild)
>      = MyPrefix:MyChild
>      copy
>
> Instead it was used at runtime using, as you say, Node.addMixin(String) followed by session.save(), sorry for not making that clear initially.

no problem, thanks for the clarification.

i ran a quick test using your node types. everything worked as expected.

if you can reproduce the issue please create a jira issue and provide a
simple test case which demonstrates the problem. i'll then further investigate.

cheers
stefan