Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Fr...@student.fh-nuernberg.de on 2002/11/13 08:33:18 UTC

beginner question

Hello, all

I'm quite new to the Apache XML Security Suite and I have a small
question. I was wondering if there is a sample-app (perhaps
in the samples, but couldn't find it) to sign an arbitrary
xml-file just from the commandline.
The XMLSec Library (from aleksey.com) has such a utility. Has there
already been any effort on something like this for
the Apache XML Security Suite?
I have to do an lecture on the Apache XML Security Suite in a few days
and need this for live-demonstration (no, the hardcoded examples reachable
with ant are unfortunately not enough).
So, if theres' nothing like that available until now, I would
probably try to create it. Would there further be a chance, to get
it in the Suity (so I could tell my professor all i used was
already in the Suite ;)

Kind regards,
Frank

Re: beginner question

Posted by Karel Wouters <Ka...@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>.
Frank,

if you implement it yourself, it might be good to create something that
does exactly the same as the tool from the XMLSec library from Aleksey.

best regards,

Karel.

Re: beginner question

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.