Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2012/03/07 14:28:02 UTC

revalidated range requests not working

I have an odd issue with ATS.  I have ATS set up to revalidate against
the origin server every 3 minutes.  So far so good.  However, when I get
a Range header in ATS, if the resource isn't currently valid in ATS, it
goes back to the origin server, asks for the range, returns it, and
leaves the resource as invalidated.

Why doesn't it ask for the whole resource from the origin, cache the
response and compute the range itself (like it would do anyway if the
full resource was cached)?

(If it's a bug, pointers to the general area of the code I should look
at could cause a patch to come - if I can convince my boss to (finally)
have a crack at it)

  Issac

Re: revalidated range requests not working

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On 11/03/2012, at 12:32 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Pinging this, as I still haven't gotten anywhere on my own in the interim...

Isacc,

This is <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-475>. There's some discussion in that issue and a partial patch. I'd be thrilled if you were able to work on this. I think that making range requests cache correctly would make a lot of users very happy :)

If you questions or need assistance, please poke the dev list or #traffic-server on freenode.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.