Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2011/04/14 17:25:42 UTC

Spellcheck suggestions as solr docs

Hi,

I have configured spell check for the terms and it is working fine.But the
spell check suggestions are just simple strings.For my requirement, i need
the documents.How can i achieve this? Are there any other ways to do spell
check?Please suggest ..

Regards,
Siva

RE: Spellcheck suggestions as solr docs

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
Siva,

If you specify "spellcheck.collate=true", then the spell checker will return you a corrected query.  Your client has to re-run this query as there is no way to get Solr to automatically redirect the response to the correction.  The new query will return documents that have the corrected terms in them.

Keep in mind that on 1.4, the query returned by "spellcheck.collate" may not return any results.  In 3.1, you can specify "spellcheck.maxCollationTries" to have it test the collation for results before returning it to you.  3.1 also lets you get multiple collations with the # of hits each collation would return if re-queried.  See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#spellcheck.collate for more info.

Also note that there is currently a critical bug open for Solr 3.1/4.x when using "spellcheck.collate=true"  (See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2462 for information.)  This does not affect Solr 1.4 unless you've applied SOLR-2010.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what you mean by "i need the documents" and how
that relates to spell check. Are you saying you need the name
of the document the suggestion came
from?

Please clarify a bit....

Best