Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/17 11:07:41 UTC

Block join subqueries

Hi,

Is is possible to do a query joining three levels.
For isntance with three cores Person, Person Job and Company.

I know is possible to join from Person to Person Job and from Person to
Company.
For instance
{!type=join from=PersonIdsS to=PersonID
fromIndex=personjob}type_level:parent
AND
{!type=join from=CompanyID to=CompIDS fromIndex=company
v='NationalitySFD:"Canada"'}

Is it possible to join from Person to Person Job to Company? Something like
two nested joins?

Regards,
Sergio

Re: Block join subqueries

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
aaghhhhh... I've got the drama. join has no 'toIndex' parameter. and now
I'm not able to come up with any solution

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM, marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest. I don´t have a clue how the syntax would be.
>
> I tried something like
> {!type=join from=PersonIdsS to=PersonID fromIndex=assignment}({!type=join
> from=CompanyID to=CompIDS fromIndex=company v='NationalitySFD:"Canada"'})
> AND type_level:parent
>
> but this is two joins from Person to Company AND Person to Assignment.
> I can´t make it to work from person to copany to assignment
>
> Thanks

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Block join subqueries

Re: Block join subqueries

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
I don't see any problem with it. Could you try?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM, marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's true. I mean join then.
> is it possible to join three cores A B C.
> I know it is possible to join A -> B and A -> C
>
> Is it possible to join them
> A -> B -> C
>
> Thanks

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Block join subqueries

Re: Block join subqueries

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,

BlockJoin doesn't work cross core, it's only possible with {!join

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM, marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi  Mikhail,
>
> Thanks for that. That's exactly what I was looking for but this is for the
> same core.
> This allows you to search in a document nested two levels.
>
> I was expecting to do the same for cross core joins. That's basically doing
> a join from Core1 to Core2 to Core3.
> I couldn't find anything about this functionality.
>
> Regards,
> Sergio

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Block join subqueries

Re: Block join subqueries

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Sergio, did you check
http://blog.griddynamics.com/2013/12/grandchildren-and-siblings-with-block.html
?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM, marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is is possible to do a query joining three levels.
> For isntance with three cores Person, Person Job and Company.
>
> I know is possible to join from Person to Person Job and from Person to
> Company.
> For instance
> {!type=join from=PersonIdsS to=PersonID
> fromIndex=personjob}type_level:parent
> AND
> {!type=join from=CompanyID to=CompIDS fromIndex=company
> v='NationalitySFD:"Canada"'}
>

> Is it possible to join from Person to Person Job to Company? Something like
> two nested joins?
>
> Regards,
> Sergio

Sincerely yours