Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/19 11:58:53 UTC

Uploading POM

Hi

I'm having some problems when uploading a POM. When I try to upload a
second time a snapshot, it will create a timestamp based one like:
    *  1.0-20090119.095642-1/
    * 1.0-20090119.100853-1/
    * 1.0-SNAPSHOT/

These was after the third time uploading the pom.xml.
I tried to remove phisically from the repository and scanning the
repository, but it still appears there.

Why the snapshot just doesn't get replaced instead?

regards
emerson

Re: Uploading POM

Posted by Marc Canaleta <mc...@gmail.com>.
This is how I think it works, and the common practice in my opinion:
- Every time you deploy an snapshot version, a version with SNAPSHOT
replaced by the timestamp is created.
- This snapshot is never replaced.
- Archiva can purge snapshots based on age or number of snapshots.
- You declare dependencies using 1.0-SNAPSHOT, and every time you compile it
checks if the local repository has the last snapshot, updating it if its
necessary. I dont know if you can declare dependencies using time stamp, but
i supose it is not safe because timestamp versions can be purged.

Re: Uploading POM

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading POM

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.