Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by mikle <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 15:21:04 UTC

MustUnderstand check after service is invoked - OutFaultFlow Problem

I am receiving the following axisFault on the client when I throw a soap
fault (or there's an exception in the impl) and a security policy is applied
to the web service.

"must understand check failed for header:
http://doc.oasis-open.org/wss/20040/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd:
Security "

I have troubleshooted this prob with the help of Nandana
(http://wso2.org/forum/thread/3428#comment-5430) and it seems that a must
understand check is taking place after the service is invoke.

We came to this conclusion because my custom soap fault is being captured by
the WSAS tracer..
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16467475/SOAP%2Bfault%2Bin%2Btracer.txt
SOAP+fault+in+tracer.txt

somewhere after the tracer, axis is throwing the axisfault above..this is
the response:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16467475/SOAP%2Bfault%2Bin%2Btcpmon.txt
SOAP+fault+in+tcpmon.txt

I also debugged a method call (without source) and the exception containing
my custom fault survived till WSASServlet.doPost line 152.. after that i
lost track..

This is with SOAP 1.2 - With SOAP 1.1, I was receiving a null response on
the client and getting "error in extracting message properties" on the
server console...