Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/01 01:01:23 UTC

Re: Can I use coprocessor to record the deleted data caused by ttl?

Yes (in 0.94.2+). But it would be quite tricky.
You'd have to hook into the compaction. There's a new hook now in RegionObserver (preCompactionScannerOpen, and preFlushScannerOpen).
See HBASE-6427.

These two hooks are passed the scanners that provide the set of KVs to be compacted. You could wrap that scanner in your own.
The details will be tricky, though.

What is your usecase for this?

-- Lars

I wonder if I can use coprocessor to record the deleted data caused by
ttl. Any ideas?

regards!

Yong

Re: Can I use coprocessor to record the deleted data caused by ttl?

Posted by yonghu <yo...@gmail.com>.
I want to record the data change from the source table. Thanks for your apply.

regards!

Yong