Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Burke Webster <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/23 17:00:49 UTC

SolrCloud and pivot facets

First off thanks to everybody who worked on SOLR-2894 which allows
distributed pivot faceting.  We have been looking forward to that for a
while.

Is anybody else running on >= Solr 4.10 and doing facet pivoting?  We just
upgraded to a nightly build of 4.11 and have started to reimplement our
pivot facet queries we used to run before moving to SolrCloud.  A simple
facet pivot query on an integer and then string field is taking over 8
seconds to return.  Just to provides some other numbers, a simple facet on
either the integer or string field by itself returns in just over 800ms.

Are others seeing slow performance for distributed facet pivot queries?