Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hans Ulrich Niedermann <ni...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2000/09/04 18:31:35 UTC

NPE in current C2

Hi,

my CVS C2 as of one hour ago only produces the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.process(SitemapHandler.java:127)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.invoke(SitemapManager.java:80)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:184)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

The sitemap variable has the value null at SitemapHandler.java:127.

Uli

Re: NoSuchMethodError in C2 (was: NPE in current C2)

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> "Ed Staub" <es...@mediaone.net> writes:
>
> > I've gotten this from a bad classpath.
> > Make sure the jar filenames match exactly.
>
> Good guess :-), thanks. I had some broken symlinks from tomcat/lib to
> C2's lib dir.
>
> > Check cocoon.xconf for things you haven't included in the classpath.
> > And check the console output - if there's a ClassDefNotFound there, it's
> > telling you what's missing.
>
> Well, cocoon.xconf contains only stuff which is in cocoon.jar.
>
> Can the following error (the one I get now) have a similar reason?
> What irritates me a little bit is the line which ends after "at ".
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment: method getObjectModel()Ljava/util/Dictionary; not found

I think you probaply catched a version in between of my commits. There
is no Dictionary anymore in the C2 code base. Try to update your
repository again.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Re: NoSuchMethodError in C2 (was: NPE in current C2)

Posted by Simeon Walker <si...@sbs.bangor.ac.uk>.
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> Can the following error (the one I get now) have a similar reason?
> What irritates me a little bit is the line which ends after "at ".
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment: method getObjectModel()Ljava/util/Dictionary; not found
>         at
>         at _home._uli._public_html._xml_isd_uni_stuttgart_de._software._dist._tomcat._webapps._cocoon2._sitemap_xmap.process(_sitemap_xmap.java:1174)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.process(SitemapHandler.java:127)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.invoke(SitemapManager.java:80)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:212)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:184)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
>
> Puzzled,
>
> Uli

It's not just you. Since the cvs update I did a couple of days
ago I get exactly the same error. I'm using tomcat standalone.

Simeon

Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702
University of Wales, Bangor,        fax: +44 (0)1248 382569
Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, UK.              www: http://sbsweb.bangor.ac.uk/

NoSuchMethodError in C2 (was: NPE in current C2)

Posted by Hans Ulrich Niedermann <ni...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>.

RE: NPE in current C2