Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joshua Smith <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/29 18:34:14 UTC

Maven 1.02, Plugins and Java 5

Maven Users-

I am trying to get my current installation of Maven 1.02 to work with Java 5
code. I've browsed the Mailing List archive, done some general searching and
looked at the Change Reports for a number of the core plug-ins and found
items here and there that talk about changes made to support various
features of Java 5 and a few suggested properties settings.

I was wondering if there is some sort of documentation, checklist or plug-in
matrix would show the following:
  -first version of a given plug-in that fully supports Java 5
  -suggested properties settings for Java 5
  -common errors that are due to lack of Java 5 support

Any resource suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua

Re: Maven 1.02, Plugins and Java 5

Posted by Joshua Smith <ra...@gmail.com>.
Arnaud-

Thank you. Through trial and error I think I've got most things working with
Java 5. Checkstyle is the last thing that I need and there are other active
threads on the email list about that right now. The difficulty for me is
that I'm using Maven on an isolated network. By isolated, I mean airgap, not
even a firewall. So it's a matter of trying something, watching it fail,
going and finding a dependency and then trying it again. Recently I've set
up maven on a machine with a regular net connection and have been trying
things out there first and then capturing all my maven directories and
moving them to the other network. That has helped a lot.

Thanks for your response. I enjoy Maven a lot. It's just a little tricky to
deal with dependencies in my environment.

Josh

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joshua.