Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by James Mao <ja...@iona.com> on 2006/11/28 08:42:19 UTC

service list and operation list

[1] This is a good idea, but i have several suggestions here,

1) I would suggest that we use the ?serviceList to get a list of services, the reason is that /services maybe direct to a home page of the services, which may include more rich information of the services, not just a list of services.
2) and currently it's in html format, which is ok, but we should also be able to generate the list in xml format (&format=OPML, &format=RSS, &format=ATOM),
3) and if we follow  the link(?operationList), it should also be able to generate the list of the operations ,
4) Should be able to append the description under each service/port/operation, or even TAG, so the service/operation will be searched, if they are public/online.

thought?

-James.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-266

Re: service list and operation list

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi James,
FYI  Axis2 and Xfire also provider the Service List.  You can check them
out.
Please see the comments in line.

James Mao wrote:

> [1] This is a good idea, but i have several suggestions here,
>
> 1) I would suggest that we use the ?serviceList to get a list of
> services, the reason is that /services maybe direct to a home page of
> the services, which may include more rich information of the services,
> not just a list of services.

Agree , we can get out the Service's operation.

> 2) and currently it's in html format, which is ok, but we should also
> be able to generate the list in xml format (&format=OPML, &format=RSS,
> &format=ATOM), 3) and if we follow  the link(?operationList), it
> should also be able to generate the list of the operations , 4) Should
> be able to append the description under each service/port/operation,
> or even TAG, so the service/operation will be searched, if they are
> public/online.

This could be common feature which can provider by not only servlet, but
also standalone application.
We can work on it. :)