Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohan Kasat <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 14:23:58 UTC

Solr crash | GC issue

Hi All,

I have a Solr Cloud setup of 3 solr servers 7.5 version.
24GB heap memory is allocated to each solr server and i have around 655 GB
of data in indexes to be searched for.

Few last 2-3 days, the solr servers are crashing and am able to see the
heap memory is almost full but the CPU usage is just 1 %.

I am attaching the gc logs from 3 servers. Can you please help in analyzing
yje logs and comments to improve

https://gist.github.com/rohankasat/cee8203c0c12983d9839b7a59047733b

--

*Regards,Rohan Kasat*

RE: Solr crash | GC issue

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@qflow.com>.
For quick analysis we use https://gceasy.io

Very information and quick turnaround.

Paul

Re: Solr crash | GC issue

Posted by Rohan Kasat <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn.
I saw that error when the solr crashed last time. Am waiting to see if it
happens again and to capture the compete error log.

Regards,
Rohan Kasat

--

*Regards,Rohan Kasat*

Re: Solr crash | GC issue

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: Solr crash | GC issue

Posted by Rohan Kasat <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn and Paul.
I tried using the https://gceasy.io/ but was not able to understand much.

I see the OOM file getting created with "not much heap space" as the error
.
Shawn, i have tried your CMS settings too and now will try increasing the
heap memory, hope it works this time.
Any things specific i should be checking ?

Regards,
Rohan Kasat

--

*Regards,Rohan Kasat*