Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Broderick, Andrew" <An...@Monster.com> on 2008/01/22 20:34:30 UTC

installing on WebLogic 9.2

Hi,

I am trying to install Roller 4 on WebLogic 9.2, and coming up with the
following error:

Error is: 'weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
[Deployer:149003]Unable to access application source information in
'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
/roller/roller.war' for application 'roller'. The specific error is:
[Deployer:149158]No application files exist at
'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
/roller/roller.war'..' weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
[Deployer:149003]Unable to access application source information in
'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
/roller/roller.war' for application 'roller'. The specific error is:
[Deployer:149158]No application files exist at
'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
/roller/roller.war'.. at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.verifyLocalApp(Bas
icDeployment.java:123) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.setup
Prepare(AbstractOperation.java:291) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.StartOperation.doPrepar
e(StartOperation.java:98) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepa
re(AbstractOperation.java:217) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeployment
Prepare(DeploymentManager.java:718) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymen
tList(DeploymentManager.java:1185) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(De
ploymentManager.java:247) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepar
e(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:157) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallback
Deliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:157
) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallback
Deliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:12) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallback
Deliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:45) at
weblogic.work.ServerWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(ServerWorkManage
rImpl.java:518) at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209) at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

As far as I know, I have built the .war file correctly, per the
installation guide, with my custom properties set for DB connection
(which is Oracle, but I don't think it's even getting as far as using
the DB).

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew Broderick

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE01)

Using wikipedia link plugin with Xinha editor

Posted by Nick Hortovanyi <ni...@toasttechnology.com.au>.
When using the Xinha editor for a blog post say with
wikipedia:"Python"{python} it converts the quotes such that the HTML
source shows wikipedia:&quot;Python&quot;{python} (can't update it
either directly in the HTML source).

Checked the regular expression in the plugin code and it won't match on
&quot;.

Short of reverting from not using the XinHa editor, does anyone know how
to stop XinHa from converting the quotes?

Nick

RE: installing on WebLogic 9.2

Posted by Simon Haslam <si...@yahoo.co.uk>.
--- "Broderick, Andrew" <An...@Monster.com> wrote:
> Deploying as an exploded .war worked. Some Googling showed that others
> have had the same problem deploying as a packaged .war, because Roller
> tries to access config files using ServletContext.getRealPath(), which
> returns null unless it is a directory rather than a packaged .war file.
>
> If anyone reading this encounters the same problem, it IS possible to
> deploy on WebLogic as an exploded .war. Just unzip the .war to a
> directory on your server and navigate to it using the console - it will
> detect that the directory is in fact a web application and allow you to
> deploy it.

Actually I came to the conclusion (despite my original postings!) that the getRealPath() returning
null wasn't really a problem as all of its calls I could find in the source were overridden by the
following settings in roller-custom.properties:

uploads.dir=/somepath/roller-data/resources
themes.dir=/somepath/roller-data/themes
search.index.dir=/somepath/roller-data/search-index

I haven't tried this on WLS but on OC4J, if you set the above paths, Roller runs quite happily
from the (unexploded) .war file.

>From reading the comments in the source code I think the intention is that, from Roller 4, themes
and uploads would ideally be outside of the context root anyway, so that when you redeploy you
don't lose them.

Therefore my suggestion would be after you've unzipped the Roller 4 download, you create a
roller-data directory somewhere else and move the themes directory into there (plus create a
couple of empty directories for uploads and search-index). Then create the war file, create the
roller-custom.properties somewhere on the container classpath and then deploy.

Simon

RE: installing on WebLogic 9.2

On Jan 22, 2008 2:34 PM, Broderick, Andrew
<An...@monster.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install Roller 4 on WebLogic 9.2, and coming up with
the
> following error:
>
> Error is: 'weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
> [Deployer:149003]Unable to access application source information in

'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
> /roller/roller.war' for application 'roller'. The specific error is:
> [Deployer:149158]No application files exist at

'/home/bea/bea/user_projects/domains/DevDomain/servers/edusearch01/stage
> /roller/roller.war'..' weblogic.management.DeploymentException:

That seems to indicate that there is some problem with the WAR file
itself.
Such as: it is missing, it is corrupt, it is compressed, Weblogic does
not have read access to it, etc.

How did you create that WAR file? What commands did you use?

As an experiment, can you deploying as a directory instead?

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.