Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/17 10:32:50 UTC

Page->ModalWindow[Form]->ModalWindow[Form] problem

Hello

I got a strange problem with multiply Modal Windows.

Let's imagine we have an Entity A  with  field of entity B (1 to 1
relation) . Now we create the Edit page, which contains a form and
some edit fields. One of that field is the Label with "add"
AjaxButton.
Add button creates a new modal window with edit fields for that B
Entity. In a model of a first ModalWindow we have brandly new Entity.
B in turn have it's  field of C with Add button. So I show second
modal window where I create and fill Entity C.

Now if I press submit on the second modal window debugger shows me
correct model update with a new C, things are going as expected. But
after pressing submit on the first modal window, it's model accessed
in a Page just looks like a very first version of a page with newly
created model. All looks like there was no calling ModalWindow.show
and all of the actions at all.
Debugger shows that the model "disappears" somewhere in a request
cycle process.

This can be reproduced really easy, cos you even have nothing to do on
the second modal window, you can just show and close it.

Wicket 1.4.17 Java 6-23.

Do I miss something? Any serialization flag I have no idea about?

--
Best regards
Alex

Re: Page->ModalWindow[Form]->ModalWindow[Form] problem

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
ParentPage
1. creates a SomeObject. Not a model or something.
2. Creates a modalpage with a private  field assigned to SomeObject
3. Shows  ModalWindow with it's content set to another page.

So I have to keep in a window's content page a reference to a caller
page in order to set result value?
Nice, thanks.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.