Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Ievgen Krapyva <yk...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 09:09:09 UTC

Is it possible to Lucene with a database managed by external application ?

Hi everybody,

I've just started reading about Lucene and thinking whether I can use it
in my case.
My case is that the database content I want to provide the search
capability for is managed (new entries added / removed / edited) by
other application (written in PHP).

Am I right in thinking that to get the best with Lucene I have to
regulary update indexes, i.e. make a full database indexing ?

Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to Lucene with a database managed by external application ?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
That should be fine.

You just have to separately pull the added/updated rows from the DB
and index them into your Lucene index.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com