Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/21 20:23:52 UTC

providing the "provided" dependencies using Maven

Before I look into writing a custom plugin: is there any way to get Maven to
produce an artifact (zip?) containing the dependencies with scope
"provided"?

Most of the jar files required by our web app will be provided by Tomcat
outside of the war file.  But since I also need to be the one to provide
these jars, it would be ideal if I could have Maven produce them based on
declared scope in the POM files.  Without this, we are sure to see
mismatches in compile vs runtime library versions over time.

-Andrew

Re: providing the "provided" dependencies using Maven

Posted by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info on copyDependencies.  That got the dependencies copied
to a folder, which was one step closer.  I needed them in a single artifact
though, which led me to look at the assembly plugin.  Using
maven-assembly-plugin with <dependencySet> gives me exactly what I wanted.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.