Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xenofon Papadopoulos <xp...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/06 08:36:34 UTC

Referencing properties in archetype-metadata.xml

Hello, I'm using trying to create an archetype, and I want to use some
properties. However <defaultValue> doesn't reference the included property
if it's already define, as I thought would be the norm. Here's an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<archetype-descriptor name="basic">
  <fileSets>
        [...]
  </fileSets>

  <requiredProperties>
    <requiredProperty key="earname"/>
    <requiredProperty key="context-root">
      <defaultValue>${earname}</defaultValue>
    </requiredProperty>
  </requiredProperties>
</archetype-descriptor>

When I generate this project, I am asked for earname, but never for
context-root, and inside my project files ${context-root} will explode to
the ${earname} literal.
Any ideas?

Re: Referencing properties in archetype-metadata.xml

Posted by Saritha SV <sa...@gmail.com>.
The variable properties are considered  invalid reference  in
archetype-metadata.xml  ..
so one way is to include <requiredProperty key="earname"/> in
archetype-metadata.xml  ..
and the ${earname} can be  referenced in properties  file (usually under
src/main/resources) in the project ..
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_filter_resource_files
has some egs for including reference in properties file .

Thanks
Saritha SV

Posted by Xenofon Papadopoulos <xp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saritha SV <sa...@gmail.com>.