Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Adarsh_GU <ad...@ibsplc.com> on 2016/05/18 13:51:37 UTC

Camel jms Request reply -scenario with separate queues for request and response

Hi Guys,

I have 2 queues provided by third party provider 1.request queue, 2.reply
queue

using camel jms i will send request to request queue, so third party
provider will push respective response to response queue.

I would to make these calls synchronous. so for each request send  to
request queue ,i need to get response (from response queue) *in same
thread*(as like http). Would request-reply(inout) pattern in camel helps to
achieve this?

Can you please post examples of sample routes to get an idea...

RE: Camel jms Request reply -scenario with separate queues for request and response

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> I have 2 queues provided by third party provider 1.request queue, 2.reply
> queue
>
> using camel jms i will send request to request queue, so third party provider
> will push respective response to response queue.

Ok.

> I would to make these calls synchronous. so for each request send  to
> request queue ,i need to get response (from response queue) *in same
> thread*(as like http). Would request-reply(inout) pattern in camel helps to
> achieve this?

Yes. I'm not 100% sure of the "same thread" restriction, but your route would not get control again until the response arrives.

> Can you please post examples of sample routes to get an idea...

I don't have a ready-made example for that, but the Camel JMS page at http://camel.apache.org/jms.html has the options - read the "About using Camel to send and receive messages and JMSReplyTo" section for details of adapting it to your scenario.

-Steve