Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Tony Blanchard <bl...@wanadoo.fr> on 2005/07/08 12:26:59 UTC

Server GUI manager

Hi all,

I just coded a server manager box which can start/stop the server.
It can take one arg for the path to the conf file but also enables the
user to select one with a file browser.

I made those changes to the apacheds/main project :
-Modifying the project.xml file to add a resource path
-Added a "res" folder under apacheds/trunk/main/src/main/java
-Added to property files under "res". These are message translation
property files. ("msg.properties" and "msg_fr_FR.properties")
-Added a ServerMainGUI class in the org.apache.ldap.server package

I made this changes to gracefully stop the server and to make it easier
to manage it.
As I have no rights to put those changes to SVN repository, I would like
to ask who I can submit these changes to ? I will send files to this person.

Nevertheless, there is a bug in its usage when shutdowning the server
because of a DIREVE bug . See the created JIRA issue DIREVE-180
I made this work by changing temporarilly the
DefaultContextFactoryService as mentioned in issue.

Cheers,
Tony Blanchard

Re: Server GUI manager

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Tony Blanchard wrote:
<snip/>
> I made this changes to gracefully stop the server and to make it easier
> to manage it.
> As I have no rights to put those changes to SVN repository, I would like
> to ask who I can submit these changes to ? I will send files to this
> person.

Hi, Tony,

We would prefer that changes are submitted to the JIRA issue-tracking
system, attached as patches or, if small, as detailed as possible about
the change, just like you did with DIREVE 180 and 181.  Choose the
closest project:component:assignee, but if you're off it isn't a big
deal.  Also, it should automatically assign to the Lead Developer for
that project, so don't worry about that, we'll self-select there, too.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa

In this case, this appears to be a change to:
Projects : Directory Server
Component : server main
Assignee : Alex Karasulu

You can also add comments or follow progress and close the issue when
you're satisfied with the resolution.

Thanks for getting involved.  We love to see contributions like this.
Using issue tracking makes sure every contribution gets handled.

Enrique