Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@imply.io> on 2022/09/26 10:11:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 24.0.1

Hi All,
Recently we discovered a regression (
https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/13138) in the 24.0.0 release. Because
of this regression, Hadoop ingestion will not work if the user has
overridden any of the `druid.extensions.*` config. Some examples below
- If a custom load list is specified, Hadoop ingestion task will still pick
up all the extensions in "extension" directory.
- If a custom Hadoop dependency directory is being used, those jars will no
longer be available for Hadoop Ingestion.

I have created a branch https://github.com/apache/druid/tree/24.0.1 to
backport the hotfix. We can also choose to backport some other bug fixes
that we missed in 24.0.0. Though, of course, we want to backport only
critical bug fixes.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 24.0.1

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Thank you for volunteering!