Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2014/12/24 14:24:33 UTC

NullProperty#isTemporary

Hi all,

in NullProperty the method isTemporary(TestElement) is never used and
seems to be a relict from some time ago, when the interface
JMeterProperty had such a function (it was removed 2003).

I would plead to remove this function, or at least to deprecate it.

Regards
  Felix

Re: NullProperty#isTemporary

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 06.01.2015 um 16:39 schrieb sebb:
> On 6 January 2015 at 15:10, Felix Schumacher
> <fe...@internetallee.de> wrote:
>> Am 28.12.2014 um 04:03 schrieb sebb:

>>> +1 to remove the method
>> I have created a bugzilla entry 57417 for this.
>>
>> Should I add the change under "uncompatible" changes? Since it would change
>> a public interface?
> It's very unlikely that anyone has relied on this function.
> Don't want to cause unnecessary alarm for users.
>
> So you can mention it but with the caveat that only developers who
> have extended JMeter can possibly be affected.
Well, then I will put it under non-functional just as the remove
constructor from Workbench.

Regards
  Felix

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.