Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Birju C Bhanuprakash <cb...@aalayance.com> on 2002/12/13 17:05:03 UTC

Turbine and DB2

Hi

    I haven't used turbine yet. One of the application that I am porting
to DB2 uses turbine also. But when looked in to the documentation I got
the feeling that turbine supports only App and Net drivers (from the so
called db adapters). But we have the requirement to use a type-4 driver.
So firstly I want to know whether it is possible to use a type-4 driver
for DB2. If so, how?

thanks for any help,
Birju

Re: Turbine and DB2

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:34, you wrote:
> Can someone comment on this ?
> I don't want to spent any time on exploring this if it cannot be used
> with a DB2 type-4 driver at all.

I'm not sure if Torque currently supports the driver you intend to use,
but it is not difficult to make Torque support a particular driver.

See this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/db-adapters.html

What driver are you thinking of using?

Regards,

-- Rodney

Re: Turbine and DB2

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:34, you wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I am planning to use Data Direct Driver.

This is not currently supported by Torque, so you will need to create
your own Database Adapter.  Please submit this to the torque-dev
mailing list and scarab.werken.com/issues if you get it working.

Thanks,

-- Rodney

Re: Turbine and DB2

Posted by Birju C Bhanuprakash <cb...@aalayance.com>.
Hi

    I am planning to use Data Direct Driver.

thanks,
Birju

Re: Turbine and DB2

Posted by Birju C Bhanuprakash <cb...@aalayance.com>.
Can someone comment on this ?
I don't want to spent any time on exploring this if it cannot be used with a DB2
type-4 driver at all.
Any comments/guess:-) from somebody worked on turbine will be appreciated.