Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jonas Maurus <jm...@mkmgmbh.com> on 2004/09/18 18:24:16 UTC

Compatibility: Tapestry 3.1 and PicoContainer

Hi,

We're currently developing a web application with Tapestry 3.0. We've decoupled
much of our implementation into services that we manage with PicoContainer. We
create a number of containers in an extended ApplicationServlet and then
initiate the services using PicoContainer's lifecycle management.

Pages then retrieve the required services using getComponentInstance() from a
PicoContainer that's stored in the Global object. This, of course, is "type-1
D.I.", but the best we could come up with without messing with Tapestry's page
life-cycle management.

Since we're hearing a lot about HiveMind and Tapestry integration, we're now
quite worried that we'll not have a viable upgrade path, without rewriting our
services/configuration to integrate with HiveMind.

Do we have to run a HiveMind instance next to our PicoContainer intances?
Managing 2 seperate DI-containers will become a problem as soon as one service
is needed in both.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jonas Maurus