Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/24 20:38:21 UTC

Google Summer of Code 2013 - Giraph implementation of Nutch LinkRank Algorithm

Hi All,

After some discussion and drumming up of interest within the Giraph
community, I've logged a Google Summer of Code issue [0] for this topic.
We are looking for interested students to come forward and participate in
the effort.
I logged this over in Giraph as there was no GSoC eefort already going on
there, we already have an issue for the Wicket-based User Interface
implementation in Nutch.
I would be very happy if people (users and developers) could chime in on
the thread so we can get the project started with the right direction and
intention in mind.
I propose this for Nutch TRUNK.

Thanks for now

Best

Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-584

--
*Lewis*

Re: Google Summer of Code 2013 - Giraph implementation of Nutch LinkRank Algorithm

Posted by Ahmet Emre Aladağ <em...@agmlab.com>.
Hi,

I've just started learning Nutch and would like to implement this
feature on 2.x branch. Would it differ too much implementing for trunk
and 2.x branches?

I'd like to hear suggestions for a learning path from scratch to
implement this feature. I'm currently following the Nutch 1.x wiki for
Becoming a developer.

Ahmet Emre Aladağ

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Super +1 -- sounds awesome Lewis.