Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/23 18:52:16 UTC

Generic Record Default Value

Hi All,
I have a batch application that  serializes some fixed length files to avro
. The program reads up a file and then spawns multiple threads  to
serialize  to avro and write to HDFS.I have seen that it  hotspots on
GenericData.getDefaultValue(Field field) since  the internal cache
implementation is based on a synchronized map .Any reason  why this has to
be  a synchronized map?. I am not getting enough throughput on the writes .
Any thoughts on how to accomplish fast writes would be very helpful.

Thanks