Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Shrey Mehrotra <sh...@impetus.co.in> on 2015/04/10 13:27:11 UTC

Reg: Authentication and HA of RDBMS

Hi,

In one of my internal trainings on Hadoop Governance solutions, I have discussed Ranger's offering. Audience is impressed with the Administration and Audit capabilities of Ranger. I also got following points in feedback which I want to share with all:

1. While creating repositories, it would be an add-on if we could provide optional support for password file(people with a valid private/public key pair can log in).
2. Could we provisioned for High Availability of mysql or any underlying RDBMS( what if a single RDBMS instance goes down)?

Thanks & Regards,
Shrey Mehrotra
Senior Software Engineer, iLabs
Impetus Infotech Pvt. Ltd.