Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tena Sakai <ts...@gallo.ucsf.edu> on 2007/07/22 06:21:41 UTC

trouble with 1.7.0 install from source

Hi,

I am having a problem with installing ant 1.7.0 from source
on redhat enterprise server (amd-64).

What happens is that when I issue a command:
  sh build.sh -Ddist.dir=/usr/local/ant dist
it complains that a bunch of jar files were not built because no
files were included.  For example:
  /usr/local/ant/apache-ant-1.7.0/build/lib/ant-apache-regexp.jar
According to the instruction on website:
  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I went and got jakarta-regexp-1.5.tar.gz, gunzip'ed, untar'ed
and found a file jakarta-regexp.jar (as well as jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar,
which turn out to be the same as the other), and copied it into
...src/lib/optional directory (which didn't exist; so I created
it).  I tried with 'sh build.sh bla bla' once again, but the
result is the same as before, it seems.  I have tried to put
the jar file into a different lib/optional directories, but the
result seems the same through out.  I am at wit's end as to
how to interpret this instruction (one more time):
  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I am starting to feel it is a mistake to follow the instruction
above to letters.  Maybe, instead, I need to provide java source
files and the build process will make jar files out of the source
code and put them into a destination?  Is there somebody out there
(I am sure the answer is yes) who have done this and willing to
give me a hand, please?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu

RE: trouble with 1.7.0 install from source

Posted by Tena Sakai <ts...@gallo.ucsf.edu>.
DT,

I have already tried a half dozen or more times.
It would be foolish to try the same thing without
changing some set-up.  If you have some suggestions,
I would be all ears.

Regards,

Tena

hey, try to build ant source files again probably you missed something from
instructions or some issues with red hat patchs
thanks
DT
www.ejinz.com
search engine biz