Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by maskit <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/11/09 07:15:27 UTC

trafficserver pull request: preparation for document translations

GitHub user maskit opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/13

    preparation for document translations

    We are translating documents and we need this hack to host the translated documents on Read the Docs.

    We are doing translation in this way however RTD doesn't generate `.mo` files from `.po` files. So we have to generate it ourselves. (Or we can add `.mo` binary files to repo but it's nonsense.)
    http://sphinx-doc.org/latest/intl.html

    After merging, you need to configure settings of RTD.
    - Enable `Use virtualenv`
    - Enable `Use system packages`
    - Specify `Requirements file` `doc/pip_requirements.txt`

    That's it.

    Also, I sent some pull-request to RTD and it's merged. It enables hosting documents in multiple language on same domain, means we can access both of below:
    ``http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/``
    ``http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/ja/latest/``

    To use this feature, you can set this project as one of translations on RTD.
    https://readthedocs.org/projects/trafficserver-ja/

    $ git pull https://github.com/trafficserver-doc-ja/trafficserver doc-i18n

    https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/13.patch

----
commit 3bd46e20aa74b5a13501c90c8da574eee0e8882d
Author: Masakazu Kitajo <m4...@gmail.com>
Date:   2013-11-02T08:09:00Z

    generate .mo files in all available languages

commit de0fc537c2e3033df01875568f2656464f18ac91
Author: maskit <m4...@gmail.com>
Date:   2013-10-27T15:21:23Z

    add a pip requirements file

commit f1b70a9ab85788f8a81bf6633bd06cbffe6b6647
Author: Masakazu Kitajo <m4...@gmail.com>
Date:   2013-11-03T06:58:51Z

    add log messages

commit b7da73dce83eeecf9ba5b374e5b48deaa577de10
Author: Masakazu Kitajo <m4...@gmail.com>
Date:   2013-11-04T03:35:26Z

    ignore doc/locale/pot

----