Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/08/08 18:04:52 UTC

Re: Asynchronous Request Reply MEP - nobody interested ?

The JMS transport kind of does it.   When the response comes in, it calls back
on the observer with the message.   This is usually on a different thread.
It's the frontend code that doesn't have the complete support for this style
of mapping.    It's the thing that is sitting on the forground thread waiting
for that message to appear.   The JAX-WS frontend does have support for the
async callback things, but that's just mapping a sync call onto a background
thread.     The "ClientImpl" thing would need some updating to truely support
this correctly.

Dan

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 5:46:43 am TALBOT Jacques (TJA) wrote:
> Really, nobody cares, or is it just august  ... :-(
>
> ________________________________
>
> Asynchronous Request Reply MEP
>
> With CXF, how do you specify asynchronous over the wire (as opposed to
> asynchronous simulated by the toolkit library), with 2 independents SOAP
> exchanges for the Request and the Reply, perhaps hours apart?
>
> In axis2, there is a wireasync boolean.
>
> Thanks

> Jacques.Talbot@teamlog.com  Mobile: 06 07 83 42 00

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Asynchronous Request Reply MEP - nobody interested ?

Posted by Jacques Talbot <ja...@teamlog.com>.
If we go the SOAPonJMS path, this is yet another can of worms since the
SOAPonJMS binding WG at W3C is still working on how this should be done in a
standard way. So a SOAP on JMS binding can only be proprietary as of to-day.

In my use case, I need to stick to JAX-WS programming, SOAP (1.1 or 1.2) on
http and WS-Addressing
Im am confused because axis2 provides a boolean for wireasync. How come,
wher is the magic, since the inferenences which the toolkit can make from
WS-Adressing programming (ReplyTo, FaultTo) are potentially the same?
jacques