Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Lefrancois, Carl" <Ca...@axa-canada.com> on 2008/09/11 20:35:44 UTC

RE : Memory footprint

Saad,  I think you will find that Axis2/C gives you the best control
over your memory footprint since you can adapt the code to your needs.

I may be wrong here but I think the design philosophy of Axis2/C is
concentrated on runtime speed and so has nothing like memory
optimisation taken into consideration.  I give as an example of this
thinking the frequent occurrence of variables like this:

                    axis2_char_t text_value_1[64];

defined in code generated from WSDLs (sometimes these variables aren't
even referenced in the generated code!).

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
And I think you can cut down the unwanted parts form the feature list to
get this amount of footprint. As an example, if your usage is limited to
clients, then you can drop the service histing capabilities.

Samisa...