Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2001/08/17 07:36:28 UTC

Error locating dtd in xerces2

hi,

I am validating an xml file with xerces2 using instance of SAXParser
when i give location of xml file, parser is able to find the document
but it is not able to find DTD,	though they are in same directory.(pls
see the attatched files)

 like i am running the file from  "/home/nb/cvs/xerces2/build/classes"
 XML and DTD files are in 'xerces2' directory, URI i am giving  is
"/home/nb/cvs/xerces2/document.xml"

 it gives me error saying
 /home/nb/cvs/xerces2/build/classes/home/nb/cvs/xerces2/document.dtd file
 could not be found.

I see that while finding a path to DTD it is appending
the path (from where i am running the java file) in the beggining ??

Same works fine when i use xerces 1.4.
is it a bug ?

- Neeraj -

Re: Error locating dtd in xerces2

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
> I see that while finding a path to DTD it is appending
> the path (from where i am running the java file) in the beggining ??

I'm not able to duplicate your problem using Xerces 2.0.0 (beta).
Using all of the sample programs, everything seems to work fine.
Could you please tell me exactly what version of the parser you
are using and how you are invoking the parse? Thanks.