Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2017/09/16 16:47:17 UTC

Java 9 and JMeter

Hello,

*Java 9 Compilation:*
I was able to compile with Java 9 after some changes:

   - removal of children() override in JMeterTreeNode as per Felix proposal
   - Fixing Code impacts of the previous changes

This change will probably break existing plugins using this method. Should
we do it for 3.3 ?

Java 9 Running:

   - Running tests of a Java 8 compiled JMeter with Java 9 failed with
   NoClassDefFoundError accessing javax.activation.DataSource
   - Adding this option made it work:
      - --add-modules java.activation

I pushed :

   - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/308

I think even if we release as is 3.3, users will face issues with Java 9,
mainly fixable through addition of :

   - --add-modules

But maybe we should check samplers like :

- jms

- ldap

..
--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

UBIK LOAD PACK Web Site <http://www.ubikloadpack.com/>

UBIK LOAD PACK on TWITTER <https://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: Java 9 and JMeter

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In my opinion, this change will not be in 3.3 release

I would like to have a 3.3 release asap and don't wait more time (test with
Java 9, fix bug if we detect it...)

Antonio

Re: Java 9 and JMeter

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 17. September 2017 18:00:45 MESZ schrieb Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>:
>Hi Felix
>
>On Sunday, September 17, 2017, Felix Schumacher <
>felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 17.09.2017 um 11:16 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> it's ok for me.
>>> I would suggest to write explicitely users should not use Java9
>until next
>>> release, mentioning a dedicated bugzilla for this work
>>>
>> We have a short pararagraph on java 9 in the changes page. If you
>want,
>> you can make it more explicit, that one has to do a bit more, that
>just
>> type jmeter into the command prompt.
>
>done
>

>> But I hope, that our next release is before the java 9 release :)
>

>AFAIU , jdk9 is to be released in 4 days no ? So unless Milamber starts
>RC1
>today, we'll be releasing after it :)

That will be hard to beat ;)

Felix