Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/07/13 18:39:03 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday July 14 11 PDT 20 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday July 14 11:00 AM Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to discuss
JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:

1. JIRA JDO-817 "Check Compiler warnings"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-817
see PR 54 "Update pom.xml to show compiler warnings"
https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/54 and recent checkins into branch
tck-compiler-warnings

2. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812
New comment from Andy about DataNucleus version v6.0 is supporting Java11+.

3. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)

4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jun 15 2022] AI Craig verify that changing the headers now passes the
RAT test without any other changes.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

Regards Michael

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday July 14 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by JDO Spec <ap...@gmail.com>.
Same here. The dialog appears but nothing happens...

Posted by Tilmann Zäschke <za...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
I have not seen it start yet...

> On Jul 14, 2022, at 11:07, Tilmann Zäschke <za...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> has anyone else trouble joining the telecon?
>
> Til
>

> On 13/07/2022 20:39, Michael Bouschen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We will have our regular meeting Thursday July 14 11:00 AM Pacific
>> Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to
>> discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
>>
>> We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
>> account to join.
>> https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U
>>
>> Agenda:
>>
>> 1. JIRA JDO-817 "Check Compiler warnings"
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-817
>> see PR 54 "Update pom.xml to show compiler warnings"
>> https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/54 and recent checkins into
>> branch tck-compiler-warnings
>>
>> 2. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812
>> New comment from Andy about DataNucleus version v6.0 is supporting
>> Java11+.
>>
>> 3. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)
>>
>> 4. Other issues
>>
>> Action Items from weeks past:
>>
>> [Jun 15 2022] AI Craig verify that changing the headers now passes the
>> RAT test without any other changes.
>> [Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
>> in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on
>> the JDO and DB web sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
>> [Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
>> Group members asking if they wish to continue.
>> [Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
>> accounts
>> [Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
>> address NoSQL datastores" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651
>>

>> Regards Michael

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday July 14 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
And I sent a message on the channel and it's still trying to send my message...

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday July 14 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Tilmann Zäschke <za...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Tilmann Zäschke <za...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday July 14 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Craig Russell
>
> Next meeting: Wednesday July 20 1200 PDT 2100 CEDT
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. JIRA JDO-817 "Check Compiler warnings" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-817
> see PR 54 "Update pom.xml to show compiler warnings"
> https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/54 and recent checkins into branch tck-compiler-warnings
>
> So far, 2/3 of warnings have been removed. Still ~5000 warnings remain. Also appear to be some warnings in the api module in addition to the tck module.
>
> With current branch as of Thursday July 14 all tests pass.
>
> Michael is working on a good way to add a profile to select the level of warning checking. In the compiler warnings branch there will be a profile "-Pwarnings" that would need to be specified in addition to jdori profile.

I added a profile called warnings to configure the
maven-compiler-plugin. To see the compiler warnings specify the profile:
   mvn -Pwarnings clean install

Caution: the tck adds profile jdori and iut where jdori is enabled by
default. When using the warnings profile the jdori is not enabled by
default anymore, so you should enable the profile warnings and jdori:
   mvn -Pwarnings,jdori clean install

Regards Michael