Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/10 11:13:31 UTC

Wiki accounts and change notifications

Hi,

Do all committers already have Confluence accounts with enough karma
to edit the wiki? What's the process for setting up the accounts and
giving out the required karma?

Could we set up the wiki to send change notifications to sling-commits?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Wiki accounts and change notifications

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.10.2007, 12:13 +0300 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Do all committers already have Confluence accounts with enough karma
> to edit the wiki?

I granted karma to the Sling Committers I could identify in Confluence.

> What's the process for setting up the accounts and
> giving out the required karma?

I fear, I failed to inform about this matter on the list. A can remember
that I wanted to do this, but never came around to do it. Sorry for
that. So here we go:

* User Account: A user account in confluence can be created by anyone by
themselves. You just sign up for new account from the login page.

* Editing Karma: As the Wiki is the basis for our official site, we have
to limit write karma to those people having submitted a Contributors
License Agreement [1] on file. I can grant this karma on notice.

> Could we set up the wiki to send change notifications to sling-commits?

Yes, I just did it. Thanks for the reminder ...

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/