Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net> on 2009/05/29 23:50:42 UTC

How to run org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest

Hello everyone,

According to DERBY-2446, the junitTests/derbyNet/CompatibilityTest.java is
the last test using that old junitTests framework. Does anyone have a clue
on how to actually run this test?

I tried "java
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest"
and then Kathey suggested the addition of -Dframework=DerbyNetClient but it
is still a no-go. Is this test even ran as part of either suites.All or
derbyall?

At this point I am adapting TestConfiguration to accommodate for
configurable test ports (DERBY-4217) and Kathey suggested we'd rip off the
harness support from it. Since this is the last test that uses this
junit/harness mix, I wanted to go ahead and run it but this is failing.

Any ideas?

Tiago

Re: How to run org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> According to DERBY-2446, the junitTests/derbyNet/CompatibilityTest.java is the
> last test using that old junitTests framework. Does anyone have a clue on how
> to actually run this test?
>
> I tried "java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest"
> and then Kathey suggested the addition of -Dframework=DerbyNetClient but it is
> still a no-go. Is this test even ran as part of either suites.All or derbyall?

Hi Tiago,

I haven't run the compatibility tests myself for a long time, but I
think they need to be run separately with ant. They have never been part
of suites.All or derbyall, as far as I can recall.

There is a README.html file in the junitTests/compatibility directory
with instructions on how to run them.

--
Knut Anders