Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io> on 2015/10/20 03:05:56 UTC

Question on Gemfire properties

Hi,

I was wondering is there a way to specify Gemfire properties in
client-cache.xml.

Thanks,
Nikhil Chandrappa

Re: Question on Gemfire properties

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Only using *Spring Data GemFire*, e.g. ...

<util:properties id="gemfireProperties">
   <prop key="durable-client-id">ExampleDurableClientId</prop>
   <prop key="durable-client-timeout">300</prop>
   <prop key="log-level">warning</prop>
   <prop key="mcast-port">0</prop>
   <prop key="name">Example</prop>
   ... *// any valid GemFire (System) property as defined HERE
<http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/docs-gemfire/reference/topics/gemfire_properties.html>*
</util:properties>

<gfe:client-cache properties-ref="gemfireProperties" .../>

There is no equivalent in GemFire's native, (client-)cache XML.

Note, just because developers may not be using Spring to develop
applications does no preclude them from at least using SDG to "configure"
GemFire.

Cheers,
John

--