Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Trent Adams <tr...@athabascau.ca> on 2007/08/22 19:35:05 UTC

cannot resolve symbol

Hello,

This is just an FYI for other people that might have the same problem.

I'm getting the following error...
Unable to compile class for JSP Generated servlet error: /usr/share/tomcat5/...courseRegListing_jsp.java:390: cannot resolve symbol symbol : method setValue (boolean) location: class org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core.SetTag _jspx_th_c_set_8.setValue(catalog.isCourseMaterialsAvailable(student.getStudentPIDM(), curCourse.getTermCode(), curCourse.getSubjectCode(), curCourse.getCourseNumber(), curCourse.getDeliveryMode(), curCourse.getCRN()));

This works under tomcat5 on my machine, but when I copy it to one of our test servers, it fails with the error above.

It is happening on the following code...
  <c:set var="areMaterialsAvailable"
         value="<%=catalog.isCourseMaterialsAvailable(student.getStudentPIDM(), curCourse.getTermCode(), curCourse.getSubjectCode(), curCourse.getCourseNumber(), curCourse.getDeliveryMode(), curCourse.getCRN())%>"/>

iscourseMaterialsAvailable() returns a native boolean data type.

This was an auto-boxing issue.  On my machine, I have tomcat5 running with java 1.5, but the test server is running 1.4.

Ooops. :)

__
---