Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/25 15:24:57 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Add reviewer field to Apache Ignite JIRA project

Hi Ignite Enthusiasts,

During the planning of release 2.7, I've faced with the situation when it
is completely not clear who is going to review ticket.

Usually, we do not reassign tickets to a reviewer, but info about planned
reviewer can be very useful for all reviewers, who select some contribution
to pick up into a review.

Please share your vision about the idea of adding a reviewer field (type:
user) in addition to the assignee field.

If we agree I will try to ask the Infra team on Friday 28.09.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: [DISCUSSION] Add reviewer field to Apache Ignite JIRA project

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Igniters,

Reviewer field has been added, feel free to set your JIRA username for
issues you're going to review.

If you had a private conversation with a contributor/committer and he/she
is going to review, please set his/her name.

I discourage to set someone's username who is not going to review ticket to
reviewer field. This field is not intended for requesting a review. Use
mentions in that case.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.