Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Peter Savage <go...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/29 17:49:57 UTC

looking for help with Pherf setup

Hello,

I'm trying to setup pherf and running into a few glitches. I have been
using this page here:

https://phoenix.apache.org/pherf.html

but it appears to be slightly out of date, and I have not been able to get
a test to run.

We tried, using this sql -
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-pherf/src/test/resources/datamodel/test_schema.sql
populate our schema, and then we ran against that scenario.xml, we received
the following error:

hadoop@localhost bin]$ ./pherf-cluster.py -drop all -l -q -z localhost
-schemaFile
../sandbox/database_schema.sql -scenarioFile ../sandbox/scenario.xml

HBASE_DIR environment variable is currently set to: /opt/hbase
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/opt/hbase/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/
slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/opt/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-
log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
org/apache/phoenix/schema/TableNotFoundException
at org.apache.phoenix.pherf.Pherf.<init>(Pherf.java:52)
at org.apache.phoenix.pherf.Pherf.main(Pherf.java:188)
org.apache.phoenix.schema.TableNotFoundException
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
... 2 more

We did check that the table was there, so this is a bit puzzling.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: looking for help with Pherf setup

Posted by Gaurav Kanade <ga...@gmail.com>.
Actually let me correct myself; regardless of what client you are using you
are likely to hit this error if certain jars are not available on the
appropriate class path for Pherf. Specifically I believe phoenix-server,
phoenix-client and phoenix-thin-client jar should be present in the
../phoenix-client/ folder (not from the ../phoenix-client/lib folder)

HTH

Gaurav

Posted by Gaurav Kanade <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mujtaba Chohan <mu...@apache.org>.