Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> on 2005/03/14 22:33:38 UTC

RE: What is a healthy community? WAS: log4net 1.2.9 beta release

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> At 12:51 PM 3/14/2005, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> body, as long  as that developer agrees to submit  to the decisions of
> the supervisory  body. The number of supervised  developers should not
..

Bear in mind that in essese that most of us do not see this as a
democracy; we delegate a lot down to the PCM's and even down to the
committer body when it comes to code - but at the same time; your vote
(binding or not) also means that you as a commiter are standing behind a
release on behalf of the ASF and are commited to its future.

You could make the argument that this means that aggregate PMC's are
simply not possible. Or you could make the argument that each code base
must grow its very own community.

Dw