Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/16 21:23:35 UTC

Run a war/set of wars released in internal repo

I gotta believe by now there is a slick way to run a war file released to an
internal repository under a plugin like jetty or cargo. I'd like to be able
to share a set of web-apps I created with a colleague without him needing to
download my source. Something like "Just run 'mvn
-DreleasedWar=com.mycompany:mywarproj:1.2 jetty:run' from the command line"
would be a nice way to share work I've done. The idea would be the plugin
resolves the war dependency using typical dependency resolve logic and spins
up the container pointing to the war file in the local repo. Maybe it would
copy from the local repo into the default build 'targeet' dir or something.
has there ever been something like this done? \

-----
Cliff
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
http://www.nabble.com/file/u156847/Cliff-in-the-lab.png

Re: Run a war/set of wars released in internal repo

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
I think Kohsuke was one of the first to implement it - his blog post
on it should help:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2007/02/hudson_became_s.html

Kalle

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.