Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Edward Patterson <ed...@benefitfocus.com> on 2006/04/14 21:32:51 UTC

Cookie Manager not working with HTTPS

I am trying to test a web application using HTTPS on JMeter. I am using
JMeter 2-1.20060118 and Java SDK 1.4.2_08. I have recorded and executed
the test fine in HTTP. I have a Cookie Manager for the thread, and the
cookie information with each request is displayed in the request tab on
the results tree. My test consists of the following: Get the login page,
post login form parameters, get the enter page.

When I switch to HTTPS on 443, I am redirected to the login page on the
second and third requests. I do not see the cookie information in the
request tab in the results tree. I believe that the Cookie Manager is
not passing the cookie information back with each subsequent request. I
can reproduce the same results in my browser when I disable cookies for
each request. I have set the logging to debug but can not find any
information about what cookies are sent with the requests. I do see that
with HTTP request the Cookie Manager is matching the cookies. With HTTPS
request, the Cookie Manager shows it is adding the cookie, but not
matching the cookie with the previous request.

I have looked through the Users Guide, FAQ, and Bug list for any
information about the Cookie Manager handling HTTPS request but have not
found anything. Has anyone experienced this behavior using HTTPS in
JMeter?

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)

Re: Cookie Manager not working with HTTPS

Posted by Amit Kulkarni <am...@gmail.com>.
If you set "Clear cookies each iteration = TRUE" under HTTP Cookie Manager
then it will delete the cookies when it passes to the next page.

Amit

On 4/15/06, Edward Patterson <ed...@benefitfocus.com> wrote:

> I am trying to test a web application using HTTPS on JMeter. I am using
> JMeter 2-1.20060118 and Java SDK 1.4.2_08. I have recorded and executed
> the test fine in HTTP. I have a Cookie Manager for the thread, and the
> cookie information with each request is displayed in the request tab on
> the results tree. My test consists of the following: Get the login page,
> post login form parameters, get the enter page.
>
> When I switch to HTTPS on 443, I am redirected to the login page on the
> second and third requests. I do not see the cookie information in the
> request tab in the results tree. I believe that the Cookie Manager is
> not passing the cookie information back with each subsequent request. I
> can reproduce the same results in my browser when I disable cookies for
> each request. I have set the logging to debug but can not find any
> information about what cookies are sent with the requests. I do see that
> with HTTP request the Cookie Manager is matching the cookies. With HTTPS
> request, the Cookie Manager shows it is adding the cookie, but not
> matching the cookie with the previous request.
>
> I have looked through the Users Guide, FAQ, and Bug list for any
> information about the Cookie Manager handling HTTPS request but have not
> found anything. Has anyone experienced this behavior using HTTPS in
> JMeter?
>

> ****************************************************************************************
> BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is
> intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
> contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its
> contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
> intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an
> intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail
> or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to
> bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of
> the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)

To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the
only end of life.

Re: Expanding test tree on open

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Seems like a good idea - except perhaps when the test tree is very large.

I'll see about adding it, but there should probably be a property to
stop it happening, just in case.

S.

Expanding test tree on open