Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Johan Ruttens <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/05 22:46:16 UTC

Impersonation via ServiceResourceResolver

Hi,

We have to following piece of functionality:

final Session adminSession = adminResourceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class);
Session userSession = adminSession.impersonate(new
SimpleCredentials(userID, "".toCharArray()));

Where the adminResourceResolver used to be retrieved
via getAdministrativeResourceResolver, but as this method is deprecated, we
wanted to use the getServiceResourceResolver method.

The problem is that the impersonate line, now throws an
exception: "javax.jcr.LoginException: Impersonation not allowed".
The documentation states that it is possible to add USER_IMPERSONATION to
the authenticationInfo map parameter of the method.  But also "The property
is obeyed but requires that the actual user has permission to impersonate
as the requested user. If such permission is missing, a LoginException is
thrown."

So my question to you guys is: do we need to add USER_IMPERSONATION to the
authinfo map and which extra -minimal- permissions does the user need to
able to make the impersonation work?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Impersonation via ServiceResourceResolver

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2018-01-10 at 14:12 +0100, Johan Ruttens wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> We would like to use the impersonation via a service user in the
> following
> scenario:
> an event handler takes care of saving an 'incoming' page and we would
> have props like 'lastModifiedBy' having the correct user (hence the
> impersonation).

(Sorry for the late reply, this slipped)

If the lastModifiedBy property is not protected, you can set it
manually to the right value.

Robert

Posted by Johan Ruttens <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

We would like to use the impersonation via a service user in the following
scenario:
an event handler takes care of saving an 'incoming' page and we would to

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Johan,

On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 23:46 +0100, Johan Ruttens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have to following piece of functionality:

> final Session adminSession =
> adminResourceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class);
> Session userSession = adminSession.impersonate(new
> SimpleCredentials(userID, "".toCharArray()));
>
> Where the adminResourceResolver used to be retrieved
> via getAdministrativeResourceResolver, but as this method is
> deprecated, we
> wanted to use the getServiceResourceResolver method.
> The problem is that the impersonate line, now throws an
> exception: "javax.jcr.LoginException: Impersonation not allowed".
> The documentation states that it is possible to add
> USER_IMPERSONATION to
> the authenticationInfo map parameter of the method.  But also "The
> property
> is obeyed but requires that the actual user has permission to
> impersonate
> as the requested user. If such permission is missing, a
> LoginException is
> thrown."
>
> So my question to you guys is: do we need to add USER_IMPERSONATION
> to the
> authinfo map and which extra -minimal- permissions does the user need
> able to make the impersonation work?

I am not familiar with that area of the Oak code, but what I could
gather is that either:

- the impersonator is an admin user
- the impersonator must be declared in a rep:impersonators property on
the user node ( see [1] for details )

From an API call point of view this should be fine.