Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Armenio Pinto <ar...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2003/03/07 19:25:28 UTC

Characters

Hi there! Ant complains everytime I use characters like "à", "é", "ã", or
"ê". The problem is that they're very usual in Portuguese... How can I solve
this? Thanks in advance,

Arménio Pinto

Re: Characters

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>.
Armenio,
- international characters inside a build file
    add a line like this one at the top of your build file :
   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   assuming your encoding for the build file is actually utf-8
- list of valid encodings
    have a look at this link to find a list of valid encodings :
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html
- editors for international characters
       you can download jedit (a Java Editor) from SourceForge as a way of
editing files and controlling strictly which encoding is used.
       Or you can do some trial and error to find which is the official name
of the encoding containing portuguese characters.
- international characters in property files
       AFAIK there is no support for international characters in property
files in ant; you need to use \u followed by the hexa string representing
your character in the unicode alphabet example \u05A1
Antoine