Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sandy Liu <03...@acadiau.ca> on 2001/11/28 17:57:38 UTC

using IBM Web Service Tool Kit(wstk2.4) with tomcat4.0/soap2.2

Hi,
I installed Tomcat 4.0 along with Apache Soap 2.2. Everything was working
fine.  Recently, I installed the IBM web service tool kit (wstk2.4) and I
had a hard time to get it working right. Is there anyone had this experience
before?
Here's the instruction I followed, which is given by an article in the
current issue of XML Magazine:
http://www.xmlmag.com/upload/free/features/xml/2001/11nov01/sr0111/sr0111.as

If I choose to overwrite the web.xml and server.xml during the wstk
configuration for Tomcat, my tomcat server won't work properly or the
<proxygen> doesn't work.

Any suggestion on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandy

Re: using IBM Web Service Tool Kit(wstk2.4) with tomcat4.0/soap2.2

Posted by Thomas Krogh <th...@upright.no>.
Im using Tomcat 4.0 along with Apache Soap 2.2 too. I chose not to overwrite
any config files while installing, and simply added the appropriate jars too
my classpath (see below). I can still run my Tomcat/SOAP samples like I did
earlier. There is a problem though. I cant compile the
NasdaqQuotesClient.java so I never got to try out UDDI. Does anybody know
what to do to make it compile? Error msg.:

NasdaqQuotesClient.java:42:
invoke(com.ibm.wstk.service.client.ServiceRequest)
in com.ibm.wstk.service.client.ServiceProxy cannot be applied to
(java.lang.String,java.lang.String[],java.lang.String,org.apache.soap.encodi
ng.SOAPMappingRegistry)
Response res = proxy.invoke(operation, args, encStyle, getSMR());
                    ^
1 error

My classpath:
.;C:\Progra~1\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\common\lib\xerces.jar;C:\Progra~1\jakarta
-tomcat-4.0.1\common\lib\activation.jar;C:\Progra~1\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\com
mon\lib\mail.jar;C:\Progra~1\soap-2_2\lib\soap.jar;C:\wstk-2.4\lib\wstk.jar;
C:\wstk-2.4\wsdl4j\lib\wsdl4j.jar;C:\wstk-2.4\tutorial\NasdaqQuotes\lib\Nasd
aqQuotes.jar;C:\wstk-2.4\uddi4j\lib\uddi4j.jar;C:\wstk-2.4\tutorial\NasdaqQu
otes\src\com\ibm\samples\nasdaqQuotes

regards
thomas